June 25, 2014 2:08 am
Updates from Backlog Kaizen Week
Dear Backlog users,
Backlog has been updated lately. In this update, we have added some new functionalities as well as made several improvements to existing ones.
At the start of June, we held the Backlog Kaizen Week which saw more than 60 improvements, big and small, applied to the service today.
What is Backlog Kaizen Week?
Kaizen, 改善 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen ), is a Japanese term for improvement and change. In what we call the Backlog Kaizen Week, all Nulab developers come together to join the Backlog team in improving Backlog. For one entire week, all our developers worked on nothing else except Backlog, planning and implementing changes on existing Backlog features.
List of Improvements
Curious about all the little improvements we have made? Take a look at the list below and head on over to Backlog to experience them yourself!
- UI Improvement - Highlight Change in 'Recent Updates' on Dashboard
- UI Improvement - Calendar Control
- Added - Holidays on Calendar Control (Japanese Holidays Only)
- UI Improvement - "Show All" in Adding Child Issue Dialog
- UI Improvement - "Show All" in Bulk Editing Issues Dialog
- Fixed - Gap in Issue's Status Label on IE10
- Added - Copy Short Link to 'Find Issue' Page (Coming soon)
- Added - Copy Short Link to 'Edit Multiple Issues' Page (Coming soon)
- Improvement - Jump to Details Field on Adding Child Issue Dialog by Tab Key
- Disabled - Archived Milestones in Milestones on Adding Issue Page
- Fixed - Error on Advanced Search Page when Keyword Contains Only Spaces
- Fixed - Search Condition Shared Among Multiple Projects
- Fixed - Duplicate Issue Added when Browser's Back Button is Used After Adding an Issue
- Fixed - Tab Order in Add Issue Page Instead of Automatically Moving the Focus to Subject Field
- Fixed - Increased Number of Allowed Characters for Custom Attribute Description Field
- Added - Help Link on 'Update Issues at Once Page'
- Adjustment - Copy Button Position on 'Update Issues at Once' Page
- Disabled - Attach Files when Files are Dragged and Dropped Outside of Specified Areas
- Fixed - 404 Error Page when Top Left Cell in 'Find Issue' List is Clicked
- Enabled - Asynchronization on 'Find Issue' Page without Screen Transition (Coming soon)
- Fixed - Dialog Moves when User Selects Text in Text Field for Adding Child Issue
- Enabled - Show Attached File Preview in Comment Field
- Enabled - Copy Issue Key on Chrome (Pepper API Flash)
- Enabled - Copy Text in Side Panel on 'Update Issues at Once' Page
- Improvement - More Progress Bar Colors for Categories and Milestones (Coming soon)
- Added - Option to Recognize 'Resolved' as 'Closed' in Burndown Chart (Coming soon)
- UI Improvement - Milestone on Project Home Page
- Fixed - Vertical Position of Member List on Project Home (Project Members Widget)
- Improvement - Easier Access to 'Edit Milestone' Page
- Added - Wiki Syntax for Text Color (without Markdown syntax)
- Change - "Back" Label on 'Edit Wiki Page' to "Cancel"
- Added - Avoid Special Letters to be Rendered in Wiki in Formatting Rule
- Disabled - Send Email to Person who Updated Wiki
- Added - Copy Short Link to Wiki Page
- Enabled - Star for Modified Wiki Page
- UI Improvement - File Browser on 'Edit Wiki' Page
- Added - Short Link for File in 'Files'
- Added - Short Link for Folder in 'Files'
- Added - Image Preview in File List View
- Added - Git Repository Filter
- Enabled - Load Git's Older Recent Updates by Mouse Over on "Show all"
- Added - Project List Filter on 'Project Settings' Page
- Added - Project List Filter for Each User on 'Add User' and 'Edit User' Page
- Added - User List Filter on 'Edit User' Page
- Improvement - Show Older Updates on Member Page
- Improvement - Optimized HTML and CSS to Compress File Size and to Improve Performance
- Improvement - Selected Icons
- Change - Default Encoding to UTF-8 for Bulk User Registration(Coming soon)
- Fixed - Label for Password Length on Sign Up Form
- Improvement - User Icon on iPhone App
- Improvement - Cleaner URLs (Without ".action", e.g. '/MyPage.action' to '/dashboard')
- UI Improvement - Show All Attributes by Default Instead of Clicking "Show all" for Add Issues via Email
- Added - List-Unsubscribe Header in Emails
- Added - List-ID and Mailing-List Headers in Emails
- Improvement - Performance for Showing User Icon Images
- Improvement - Shorter Labels on 'Space Settings' Page
- Improvement - HTML Title Tag
- Added - Show Banner to Lead Users to Apple Store for Users Accessing from iPhone
- Fixed - Show Line Breaks in Milestone Description
- Improvement - Set Default User Icon Colors Randomly
We are working towards making more improvements and introducing new features that you have requested in the near future. In the mean time, hope you enjoy these little improvements!