Project tracking software with the tools developers need
PROJECT MANAGEMENT Track project progress
With Backlog, you can choose how you envision work happening. Quickly see which tasks are completed, are currently in progress, or need more attention through Gantt charts, burndown charts, or Boards.
- Visualize every task within large projects
- Manage project schedules with Gantt charts
- See team members' work progress with Kanban-style boards
BUG TRACKING Fix bugs faster
Make the process of how your team records and tracks bugs easier. Backlog turns reported issues into clear, easy-to-follow outlines so you can dive into details faster.
- Push notifications for new issues
- History thread of issue updates
- Drag and drop file attachments
TASK MANAGEMENT Get more done
View, prioritize, and discuss all your tasks in one place. Get notified when you're assigned a new task and let everyone know when you're done.
- Create, assign, and update tasks
- Set due dates to keep work on schedule
- Breakdown tasks into subtasks and checklists
VERSION CONTROL Collaborate on code
Host your code securely in the cloud with private repositories. Get a clear view of who's working on which branch, review others' work, and track changes.
- SVN and Git repositories
- Differences viewer and inline comments
- Pull requests, merge requests, and branches
TEAM COLLABORATION Work better together
Backlog lets your entire team manage, communicate, and collaborate together to get more work done with less confusion.
- Add comments and files directly to tasks
- Invite clients, vendors, and freelancers to projects with guest roles
- Use emojis for fun, visual communication
- Integrate with the tools you're already using like Teams, Slack, and Google
The features for faster delivery
Keep project details handy. Create wikis for all project members to access, edit, and download. Get notified when changes are made to wikis and when new ones are added.
Visualize your timeline with a quick, high-level view of your entire project. Better project planning for better results.
Create custom categories that fit your team's workflow such as user stories, leads, events, and more. Use Backlog to keep track of what is important to you.
Take even more control of task management with task hierarchy. Backlog lets you easily create parent and child tasks for an organized workflow.
Keep all related project files in one workspace. Attach files to comments or upload them to centrally located file folders.
Notify specific team members when something requires their attention. Send notifications when you create a task, update a wiki, post a comment, and more.
Create, comment, and update tasks on the go. Backlog's iOS and Android native apps are free and automatically sync with your online workspace.
IP Address Control
Take your security up a notch with IP restrictions. Easily manage who accesses your workspace and from where for better control of information.
Jira and Redmine Importer
Looking to migrate from Jira or Redmine? We've got you covered. Backlog provides step-by-step instructions on how to move your data.